My health went for a toss: Twinkle Bajpai

 Twinkle Bajpai
 Prashant Jadhav | DNA 
Twinkle Bajpai shot to fame with prominent roles in daily soaps like Betiyaan and Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. However, she has decided not to work in daily soaps anymore as it was taking a toll on her health.
“My health went for a toss. The shooting schedules are very erratic. It is not easy to cope with them. In fact, once I shot for 35 hours at a stretch. So, I have decided that I will not work in dailies anymore. If it’s just for an episode or a short period, I will do it,” she said.
Twinkle, who hails from Lucknow, was one of the past contestants of Zee TV’s singing reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. She got noticed in the show and bagged her first serial.
Recently, there was news that she was ousted from Betiyaan due to her tantrums.
However, she had a different story to tell. “I was not thrown out but I chose to leave the show. And I was not throwing any tantrums. If I have been called to shoot for a particular duration, I have the right to leave the set when my time is over. If the shooting starts late, how can I sit for hours on the sets? I was the first one to stand for my rights and the makers did not take it in the right spirit. In fact, the channel always supported me because I was their protégé, but they (the production house) never wanted me. When things got really bad, I decided to quit Betiyaan,” she said.
Now, she is going to compete with multiple winners of different seasons of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa in Zee TV’s Sa re Ga Ma Pa mega challenge.
“I have continued my riyaaz, though it was a little difficult when I used to shoot. But I have always maintained my life as a singer very well and stage shows have been a booster. I am very excited with my comeback on television as a singer,” she said.
She added, “I am a trained classical singer and I know my music base is quite strong. I am going to give my best shot.”
But how does she manage her livelihood since she is not working in show since Kyunki... went off-air. “My father helps me whenever I am in need of money. But I earn a decent amount of money too from shows. Moreover, I have signed a contract with Vikram Bhatt for a few years as a singer and I receive a particular amount each month. So, I have the liberty of not working in shows when I don’t want to,” she said.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url