Excited about `challenging role' in K-serial


Excited about `challenging role' in K-serial



Ram Kapoor

Despite having survived in the highly competitive Hindi film industry for five years, actor Ram Kapoor is all excited about his role in Ekta Kapoor's new television serial "Kasamh Se" which he claims to be a "challenging one".

In Delhi earlier this week for promotion of Balaji Productions' serial that will go on the air from this coming Monday, Ram said: "I know films and serials are different. But an actor should not limit himself to one medium. I made my debut in Mira Nair's `Monsoon Wedding' in which I did an item number. Then I did Sudhir Mishra's `Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi' and also ``Kal: Yesterday and Tomorrow'. My film `Devaki' in which I am acting opposite Perizaad Zorabian is running in theatres these days. I have another film in the pipeline but I am not supposed to talk about it. Despite all this, I have absolutely no hesitation in doing a role in a serial, provided it is a meaningful one."

The actor, a graduate from the Stanislavski School of Method Acting in the United States, says the storyline of "Kasamh Se" does not revolve around a female protagonist. "In this serial the script does not entirely revolve around the lives of female characters. It is unlike the earlier serials in which Parvati and Tulsi were the main characters. I am aware that television is a women-oriented medium just like Bollywood is a male-dominated one. Moreover, all the characters have been finely etched and look real," says Ram, who is playing an affluent, powerful and magnetic character in the soap opera.

Expressing happiness over the mushrooming of new multiplexes and theatres in metros and even small cities, Ram believes this is good for film-makers as well as actors. "Nowadays a number of films are being made and actors are getting different types of roles. I will love to do a solo role in a Hindi film but not want to be typecast as a villain or a comedian." -- Madhur Tankha

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url